Any additions to One Day Ideas?

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 10:49:17 PDT

All Art Teachers,

I have received a request to compile these ideas -
Thanks Linda Woods for bringing it up. Many on my
Survey wanted one day ideas - just for those
"emergencies". It is good to have a "bag of tricks"
(file folder) ready.

All grade levels feel free to jump in - indicate the
grade level in your post (and particular grade for
elementary that you think best suited for the project)

Here is one from Denise Pannel,Defiance, Ohio, that is
good for grades 4 thru 6 (probably even 7th and 8th
would enjoy it for a day). It might take them more
than one day to finish depending on the size of the
drawing (this idea will be on Incredible Art
Department linked to Op Art - I have links to add yet
before I send to the site).

Op Art Line - Bridget Riley:

Denise did an Op Art Line project using black Sharpies
to make dots & lines. They drew a large rectangle on
their paper & placed approximately twenty pea sized
dots randomly on the paper. Then, beginning at the
bottom of the paper, they drew horizontal lines,
making a hump over each dot they encountered. They
continued this until they reached the top of the box.
The humps begin to form mounds that look like tunnels.
They showed movement as well, like a Bridget Riley
painting. Denise found this in a drawing ideas book
Creative Drawing: Point and Line by Ernst Rottger and
Dieter Klante.

ALSO check Sub Plans already linked to Lesson Plan
pages. I will link the One Page Ideas from the Sub
Plans when compiled.

I'll save all ideas posted and will share them back
ASAP since this is a "hot topic".

Judith

=====
Judith Decker