Re: CRAMMING it all in...elementary

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 05:52:11 PDT

Our classes are 45 minutes long, once a week. Most of my projects take from
4 -6 weeks. Some run longer. I go for quality instead of quantity. I
grade them for different aspects of each project. e.g.: drawing, coloring,
cutting and pasting, etc. depending on the objectives. I figure that by the
time I review the art history, explain the directions, give out supplies
and then allow time for clean up, we have about 20 minutes of working time.
So it's really not that much when you add it all together.
Sky in NJ

> Just out of curiosity, how long do you/your students spend on an average
project in art class?

---