Re: Halloween Customs Around the World

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 18:19:51 PDT

Good idea Ellen! (see book below)

Here are some links:

Halloween Around the World:
http://www.novareinna.com/festive/world.html

This site has background history on many holidays --
but sources are not documented - I did not read all
for accuracy:
http://www.essortment.com/in/Holidays.History/

This site looks good - Halloween Resources for
Teachers:
http://www.caslt.org/research/halloween1.htm

World Book lists some customs:
http://www2.worldbook.com/students/year_oct_halloween.asp

That should be enough.... I have TONS of Days of the
Dead links to put on the page. If anyone wants those
ask off list and I will organize them for you.
(Jdecker@woh.rr.com)

Judith

--- emb15@cwru.edu wrote:
> 'The Halloween Tree' by Ray Bradbury is a great book
> that relates the history and customs of celebrating
> Halloween from all over the world. A mysterious
> figure takes a group of boys on a journey back
> through time to learn about the origins of
> Halloween. I read this book when I was in high
> school and really enjoyed it.
> -Ellen

=====
Judith Decker