Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Halloween Customs Around the World

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 18:19:51 PDT

Good idea Ellen! (see book below)

Here are some links:

Halloween Around the World:

This site has background history on many holidays --
but sources are not documented - I did not read all
for accuracy:

This site looks good - Halloween Resources for

World Book lists some customs:

That should be enough.... I have TONS of Days of the
Dead links to put on the page. If anyone wants those
ask off list and I will organize them for you.

--- wrote:
> 'The Halloween Tree' by Ray Bradbury is a great book
> that relates the history and customs of celebrating
> Halloween from all over the world. A mysterious
> figure takes a group of boys on a journey back
> through time to learn about the origins of
> Halloween. I read this book when I was in high
> school and really enjoyed it.
> -Ellen

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department