CRAMMING it all in...elementary

---------

From: WIEDERHOEFT MEAGAN (M.Wiederhoeft_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 10:58:55 PDT

Elementary teachers:
Just out of curiosity, how long do you/your students spend on an average project in art class? I know some projects take more time and\or planning, etc. But I'm wondering how many class periods (hours) the average project lasts. OR how many projects do your students complete in a semester? I'm trying to cram in all of our curriculum and as a new teacher, I'm finding some of my projects are lasting up to 5 weeks! Especially when we include art history and any discussion, etc. I don't want to sacrifice the quality of the artwork, but I need to find ways to maybe speed up the process or be more choosy about what to include. I don't know. What do you think?

Also, how much time do you spend reviewing/explaining/demonstrating at the beginning of art class, and how much time do the students have to actually create their artwork?

THANKS!
Meagan
WI
آy˫+.n+ǝZf/v{.n+zwZnV隊[h{ǝM_l/