RE: my rude post

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 06:13:28 PDT

Don't you just hate it when that happens - and now it is there forever...
I really don't think that anyone on this list is a truly rude, evil, mean,
controlling person -

I can't tell you how great this list has been -

Yesterday I was talking to my 7/8 classes about our Pingle Chip mailings - I
had entered the data on a spreadsheet to calculate the scores, I had almost
120 scores - and the use of formulas and the program makes sorting lowest to
highest so much easier - yeah calculators!!!

But I digress -

anyway - I was telling the class that the scores went from 74 to 5000 - but
the '74' was odd - an outlier as they are known - it caught my eye because
the next cluster was 104 - 111... and solid from there. I told them that it
stuck out and I had to look at it more closely - and sure enough - the
student had measured volume in inches, not cubic centimeters - it threw it
off -

How does it relate? Whatever we read on the list is such a small part of
someone's day/life... we don't know what the circumstances are for anyone's
reaction - and we can't control their reaction - only our own. If someone's
post seems really odd, out there, extreme, uncharacteristic of the list -
than maybe there is something else - it is an outlier -

Anyway - please remember - stuff like this (the uneasy feeling tone of the
list lately) is cyclical, I have sent the wrong thing to the wrong person,
said things I shouldn't have - feel for ya', but glad it's not me......
this time.....

Ellen (in KY)
Anyway - very therapeutic for me - I cut and pasted the above 1000 times so
that I could calm down - I am so mad at my so-called team I COULD JUST SPIT
NAILS!!!!!!!! I HAVE GROUND THREE LAYERS OF ENAMEL OFF OF MY TEETH!!! AND
HAVE HAD A BOUNCING BABY COW - oops - breathe in, breath out....

Thanks -

---