RE: textured paint

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 05:34:10 PDT

This it?
This is from the book "Art Fun!" by Kim Solga

Mix 5 cups water, 2 cups white flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3 Tablespoons salt.
Pour into saucepan and cook over medium heat until thick and bubbling (about
7
minutes) Cool well. This can be stored in the refrigerator in covered
containers for several weeks. Spoon cooled "pudding" into containers and mix
with 1/8 to 1/4 cup powdered or liquid tempera paint.
Use a craft stick or palette knife to apply. Use heavy tagboard or
cardboard,
as it will curl.
Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

> Help!
> I know that I saved some info from the list recently about making tempera
> thick to use for painting. The purpose was to simulate the thick
> brushstrokes of van Gogh.

---