RE: Real Art for Halloween - Share ideas

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 04:57:58 PDT

A few of my favorites - ghost drawing - white crayon on white paper, then paint overall. This could also be a house in moon shadow .
I sometimes show the kids how to draw simplified bones - like the dog bones in cartoons. Then I ask them to write their name in bones. Sometimes kids make rubberized bones, bending to create the curve in the letter, but mostly they get the curve using a few bone shapes. They love doing this.

My favorite thing to do is to borrow a life-size skeleton from the science teacher and have the kids sketch from that. Then we do a simplified full body version. The culminating task is to have the kids draw the skeletons doing something - playing soccer, dancing, doing gymnastics. These are eerily cute. I did not get complaints from my Jehovah Witness families.
Jan