Re: Real Art for Halloween - Share ideas

---------

From: C Gaul (allgaul_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 15:47:19 PDT

http://www.haddonfieldfriends.org/ourstudents/art_gallery/artgallery.htm

I have several projects for Halloween on my school site. 4th grade-The black
paper idea of Judy's I did, but they put laminating film on the back and
colored with permanent markers for the stained glass window effect. They
came out great, but are time consuming. I had them draw on the back with
chalk and check to see that everything was connected. They used exacto
knives and did a really nice job.
 I have the skeleton for 1st grade on this site, this is a one day project.
The 5th graders turned their digital black and white portraits into wizards,
witches etc adding a drawn hat drawn separately (shading, 3-D) and glued on
top of the cut out face. They colored their faces with colored pencils to
give themselves witchy-type of skin. They finished by putting themselves in
a scene (foreground, middle, background).

I also did 'wavy ghosties' with 1st. They cut a simple ghost shape from a
12x18 white drawing paper. On a black piece of paper they first glued down
the top of the head and held it til it stuck, 20 or so seconds. Then they
put a line of glue on the back of the ghost's neck area. They made sure the
ghost head rounded out away from the background by sliding it a bit toward
the top of the paper. They did the same thing 2 more times so the ghost was
wavy on the background paper. (paper sculpture technique). Then they used
the construction paper crayons, glitter crayons etc to add a spooky
background.

Fun stuff!
 Cathy

---