RE: Middle School Web Site - Collage Artists

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 13:45:36 PDT

Exquisite Corpse is a great project to incorporate into classes...I did it
in my colllege drawing classes this year by having students bring in a tool
that they want to draw for a first project where they compare a tool to
something in nature...but before we do that project...I assign them to use
modified and varied line contour (with a light source) to draw only one
portion of their chosen object...this makes them think about the object
differently...and will help them think of what the object could be compared
to...then I take each person's drawing and line them up so that they form a
body...some people have drawn the tops of the ojbect, some the middle, and
some the bottom...it turned out really well...