Re: Found Object Sculpture Themes

---------

From: Kay Rubemeyer (bkg002_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 12:53:13 PDT

My advance students have used the theme of Family in found sculptures for a
couple of years and they turn out great. They create an object for each
family member based on role in family and characteristics and then join
objects somehow to create a family unit. We have had broken glass and
bricks, flowerpots with each member growing out, etc.

At 09:08 AM 10/15/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I am wondering if anyone has a good motivational theme for creating found
>object sculptures in both middle and high school. I have seen the theme of
>toys, robots, animated creatures and of course using the principles and
>elements of design. I know this has been a discussion before but was hoping
>there is more out there.
>Lynn

>Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan
>online from McAfee.
>

>---

Kay Rubemeyer, Art Instructor
Mark Twain Jr.-Sr. High School