Found Object Sculpture -See Melissa's People!

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 12:51:03 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Melissa Speelman has shared another successful project
with me. Most of her images for this lesson are in
progress - which really gives you and idea how they
were made:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/melissa3.htm
See what you can do with found materials and a bit of
imagination. These figures are near life size as were
the sculptures that inspired them - see the link to C.
Jagdish's work (artist from India).

This lesson will be linked up to Middle School plan
once I get it done--- for now it is only in the Files
for Sharing - a perk for list members.

Thanks Melissa! I bet we see this idea spreading aound
the world.

For many good ideas for elementary - check out all of
the art from Imagine=nation Station on Artsonia -
thanks for sharing it Denise:
http://www.artsonia.com/schools/school.asp?id=1D83AC531CAE438BA523D2F7F8E750B3&year=2002
(copy and paste to get the whole URL)
There is also a junk sculpture idea.