Re: RE: Found Object Sculpture Themes

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 11:05:42 PDT

Very quickly - long ago I used to have kids pick an emotion word out of a
hat - exciting, disillusioned, joyful, etc. They had to make a design
with found objects that portrayed this word without written or spoken
explanation. Then they wrote a short poem that used the same word and
explained their sculpture. When we had the critique the audience had to
guess at their word as the artist answered only yes or no to questions
like "did you use the color blue because your word is sad? or did you use
all those sticks to show prickly?" - I had the usual fab prizes for the
winners - then the artist read the poem and talked about the work of art
and its construction. This was 10th grade - don't know what age you are
looking for.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---