Animation using PowerPoint

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 09:24:55 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Pam Stephens shared an idea using PowerPoint to do
animation. Most teachers do have access to PowerPoint
but not expensive animation software. To do the
animation, students would create their gif images in
any graphic program - varying the image slightly for
each movement. It is best to do these with transparent
background (my opinion -- I might just play with
Puffin myself just for fun). That way you can insert
them over any kind of setting you choose. Insert the
gif (all done in the same size
block/frame) into the same spot on each slide. Then
set slide transition to automatic and zero seconds
between slides. You should get a relatively
smooth animation - providing you have created enough
images for each movement.

See an example done by Jim McNeill - this is Puffin
(Bird from Dropping in for Rousseau).
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Jim.ppt

This is what I had to do to get online version to work
-- save the PowerPoint Presentation to your computer -
(I just saved to my desk top since I don't need
another copy) -Then open the PowerPoint to view.
Use this PowerPoint in your teaching - as that is its
intended purpose. Save it now as it will only be in
the Files for Sharing for a short time (a perk for
list members). The file is quite large.

Jim will be presenting this at the Texas conference
for any one from Texas attending (correct me if I'm
wrong, Pam).

Note: Larry Prescott's Pheasant will only be online in
its full verion for a short time - I will be editing
it soon since it is a huge file -- save now
if you want it all:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/pheasant.ppt
 (Larry - this was a bit hit!)

Due to copyright - I can not share artist PowerPoint
presentations you create through IAD - only ones with
your own images.

(Note for Pam - Thank you for sending Jim's PowerPoint
to my Road Runner Account - My Yahoo account can not
take large files. I just use this for Getty mail. For
anyone else reading -- my Road Runner account is in my
signature on every post)

Judith

=====
Judith Decker