Re: Found Object Sculpture Themes

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 08:00:14 PDT

Hi Lynn,

I have made many posts in the past on this topic and
am searching my sent folder right now. If I can find
them, I will send off list. I will direct you to an
excellent plan that is Incredible Art Department by
Dawn Stienecker:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Dawn-marisol.htm

Here is a lesson that I posted last summer from Blake
School (their site is totally changed now -- but they
still have this one on line):
http://www.blakeschool.org/arts/middle/0102memorysculpture/index.html

There is a very good lesson plan for Judy Onofrio on
line - it should be easy to find if you are
interested. I can not verify these links - my Internet
is not working the way it should - I can't have two
windows open at the same time anymore:
http://www.judyonofrio.com/main.htm
http://www.artsconnected.org/artsnetmn/inner/onofrio_lesson/johigh.html
(I had to get these from my web editing program).

One lesson I did that was very successful was Ndebele
inspired personal totems. We used all sorts of boxes -
cans - Pringles cans - wood scraps - and a plaster
cast face mold on the main top box. These were covered
with a layer of plaster gauze strips - painted with
white acrylic house paint (cheaper than school
acrylics) - then painted with Ndebele inspired
designs. A lot of P's and E's in the lesson. Let me
know if this idea interests you - I made a Power Point
and prints from images in a book I have -- but there
are some images on line. I will send you the links I
have at your request. Wishing now I had kept my sample
for this one ....oh well.

Well...my search on my sent folder didn't turn up my
posts the first time through...I will try again.

Judith Decker

--- art inmind <artinmind@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has a good motivational
> theme for creating found
> object sculptures in both middle and high school. I
> have seen the theme of
> toys, robots, animated creatures and of course using
> the principles and
> elements of design. I know this has been a
> discussion before but was hoping
> there is more out there.
> Lynn

=====