Re: MIssing art or a special for classroom discipline

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 18:59:56 PDT

It is against school law to use any threat of grades as punishment.
Patty

From: PrimaryE@aol.com

Subject: Re: MIssing art or a special for classroom discipline

In a message dated 10/13/03 12:03:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
allgaul@comcast.net writes:

Do classroom teachers use the kids art time to punish for their classroom
misbehavior? Or for making up classwork

Hi. To answer your question....NEVER. I don't think the homeroom teachers
have a right to interfere with your art classes. Occasionally, the kids
will be pulled out if they have to be tested, which I'm not happy about.
However, it's pretty crazy trying to teach with the two Mondays off and
class trips. I haven't seen some classes for weeks and other classes are
way ahead. Any ideas as to how to handle this? I don't see all the classes
in a grade on the same day. If anything, because the principal uses many of
these prep periods as times he can have grade meetings, I rarely see the
same grade in the same day.

---