Native American Rattles

---------

From: Broadwater, Katherine (KBroadwater_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 19:24:53 PDT

Hello,
I have a student who is working on a lesson involving the creation of Native American musical instruments. She found a website - www.enchantedlearning.com and looked under "Native American activities and found "Y shaped rattles" to be Native American. I asked her to do more research regarding this specific type of rattle, where it originated, the history, etc. but she is coming up empty handed. She is having trouble finding information on the Native American rattles in general but specifically the "Y shaped" variety.

Does anyone out there have info on the "Y Shaped rattle" or suggestions for helpful websites?

Thank you