Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

African Textiles - Paper Weaving Lesson

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 19:06:54 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Last year, Bunki Kramer did my African Art Textile
design paper weaving - in it's original form - using a
drawing woven with a photocopy - both hand colored by
the students. I have added this textile weaving lesson
to Incredible Art Department:

You will find a link from Middle School Lesson Plans.
I have listed Bunki's name on the Middle School Lesson
page. Thanks Bunki for sharing your images.

This lesson could easily be done with colored pencils
- or watercolor pencils too. I would still recommend
the fine pooint black marker outline.

I changed mine to using a drawn imaged colored - and
woven with a manipulated digital image as a lesson to
justify getting a scanner for my art room --and it
worked! (I did get the scanner -- even though the
first year I had to use my scanner at home since
scanner did not arrive in time).

This has been the lesson I get the most questions
about from folks who view my site - try it!

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources