Re: Legal class size in Texas

---------

From: Teresa Sheffey (Tsheffey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 09:15:50 PDT

Dawn,
Thanks for the information. It is amazing to me. I still think it probably breaks some fire law or something, but I am not able to find the information. At one time, I read that there had to be so many square feet per student in a studio type class. Hmmmm....I'll keep looking.
I feel for you trying to teach that many students. How long is your class period? You would be lucky to have a minute for each student.
Good luck and hang in there.
Teresa in el paso

PS. Woody, I'm not to far from Albuequerque. If you visit el paso, let me know.

>>> houstonianerd@yahoo.com 10/13/03 20:41 PM >>>
My art supervisor just told me that there is no limit
to class size. I just got moved to to a high school
because of 45-50 students enrolled in ArtI classes,
but then the girl I left behind at intermediate school
had all of my classes combined with hers and now she
has the 45- 50 students.

I guess administrators will continue to do this until
there is a law written instead of, I dunno, using
common sense...Crazy stuff.

Worked out well for me though. Dawn

leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu