Re: Watercolor pencils

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 07:46:36 PDT

The Crayola watercolor pencils are of surprising quality, used as dry media alone they are better than Crayola's regular colored pencils, softer and bendable. To avoid over watering the paper, limit the water containers the students use to as small as possible and issue only one small size brush per student. The artist can decide which areas of their composition is blended with water brushing. Once the student gains control of what is possible, allow more attempts at more painting including using them as detailing over dry traditional pan or tube watercolor paintings. Good luck.

>>> klicausi@northport.k12.ny.us 10/14/03 07:30AM >>>
Hi Everybody,
   I have a question...I bought a classpack of the Crayola Watercolor coloerd pencils last year, but still haven't thought of a great way to put them to use. I would like to develop a lesson for my 7th graders...does anybody have any suggestions?
   Thanks so much for any help you can offer.
Sincerely,
Kara in Northport