Re: {Spam?} Kiln Recommendations

---------

From: Jon Hartman (Jon.Hartman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 07:51:18 PDT

I know that I like the L and L kiln. Make sure to get a digital one.
They are so easy to fire. The really nice thing about the L & L is the
elements are really easy to change when you have to do it. It has
different sizes that you can order. You will have to see what size will
work for you.

Jonathan Hartman
Dassel-Cokato High School
Art Teacher
(320) 286-4100 ext.1832

>>> ckerch@hotmail.com 10/11/03 04:25AM >>>
Aloha All,
Can anyone tell me how much it costs to purchase a kiln? What type
would
you recommend for a small art class? Or for personal use?

I am seriously considering writing a grant for the purchase of kiln and
need
to know expert advice as to what is available, preferred, and works
best for
small class sizes. I have about 10 to 20 students per grade level from
5th
thru 8th, a total of 62 students. I saw a very small compact 120Volt
kiln
at the ceramic shop that I picked up my clay from for $500. I don't
remember the name of the brand but it was rather cute. The manager
told me
that it was made for classrooms and apartments. It would only hold
small
pieces nothing large which is about where I am in my ceramic lessons
with
the studens. I don't envision doing larger pieces but that might
change if
the Admnistration gives me more $$$. :-) Don't we all need that.

Mahalo,
Cathy
Honolulu, HI

Instant message during games with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now
FREE!
http://msnmessenger-download.com

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu