RE: MIssing art or a special for classroom discipline

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 10:22:30 PDT

This got to be such a problem (usually only a few teachers did this, but on a
regular basis) that the music, phys ed., and myself discussed it with the
principals. They sent out a notice stating that the "specials" are an equal
part of the curriculum and students should not be pulled from them. We hardly
have any problems now.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From "C.Gaul" <allgaul@comcast.net> =====
>Do classroom teachers use the kids art time to punish for their classroom
>misbehavior? Or for making up classwork, for that matter. How do you guys
>handle that?
>It doesn't happen all that often, but its a bear to get the kid caught up in
>my class when it does happen since I only see them once a week, and its for
>1 1/4 hrs.
>
>Cathy
>

>---

---