Viruses

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 18:52:04 PDT

This is why we now use Panda Anti-Virus software. We had Norton, AVG, and
McAfee, at one time or another, and all three update weekly. Panda updates
itself daily and is used by most businesses in our area. It's not free, but
we haven't had a virus sneak in since we got it. We lost a computer to
viruses on Norton and AVG, neither of which could be salvaged. :-)
~Michal

> Viruses are such a pain. Our computer labs are constantly being
contaminated
> with new viruses. Last year I was personally blamed for viruses because I
> let my students search the internet for research. LOL, I am not in that
lab,
> yet and it is overrun with viruses. So, I guess it's not my fault after
all.
> Some of these are terribly hard to destroy. The blame game is
> counterproductive. It is so easy to get infected if you do not have the
> latest anti-virus software and receive constant updates.
> So, let's be careful out there, LOL.

---