Re: Attention getters and discipline ideas

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 12:37:28 PDT

    However, I had good experiences using a bell to get attention, because
it was classy--real brass with ornate decoration, made in India. Had a great
sound and sometimes I appointed designated student bell ringers. So we
never thought of it as insulting or Pavlovian. The "flicking the lights"
method was not for me--too hard for my eyes to adjust.

                    Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                    Art teacher, K-5, retired

> I hate the flicking the lights or ringing the bell thing.

---