Re: 3 Before Me Rule (safe email from Judy D)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 11:45:32 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I know I have posted the 3 Before Me Rule... I got it
from a co-worker. Kids were driving us nuts with silly
questions that anyone could answer if they were paying
attention. It does get kids to pay attention more.

3 Before Me - means Before you ask the teacher

- Look at your notes, handouts and instruction sheets
that are provided

- Ask a classmate (look for someone who gets it)

- Look at visual resources and samples that are on
display

THEN if you still need help ask the teacher. This
weeds out simple questions so you can focus on
students who really do need your help.

I had a display on a bulletin board for this as a
reminder to students. It does work. I imagine Jackie
will tell you how it is working for her, too.

Judith

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department