Re: Attention getters and discipline ideas ( a different idea)

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 07:44:08 PDT

I have always been one that raises the voice to get attention.
After 18 years, I am changing, yes changing. I do try to work
bell to bell. Many are not use to getting to work so quickly.
I have started flipping the lights three times, then walk to my
station and begin in an extremely soft voice. What works for me
is to focus on the one students who I know is listening, and as
days go by, others are beginning to realize that they need to
listen if they want instructions.

Another thing is to have them come to the front to see a
demonstration, even if just simple for they know I will not help
if they didnt take the time to come. In addition, I have the "3
Before ME" rule I got from this list.

Not everyday is the same, the weather has a lot to do wiht it.
LOL

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802