Re: Attention getters and discipline ideas

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 08:56:29 PDT

This idea is kind of "out there"....not my own
original idea.

I just thought I would throw this idea out there. I
heard it in a workshop session on dealing with kids
with Attention Deficit Disorder (many years ago). The
presenter recommended putting on a hat when she wanted
the kids attention. The example she gave was a red
sparkly hat (kind of glittery -- they are available
from Oriental Trading and other novelty places). Kids
would see the signal of the red sparkly hat and know
their attention was needed... I never tried that
one....but some of you might be game to give it a
whirl. Somehow Betsy's post made me remember this...

Judith

--- Rick <rlarson@tls.net> wrote:
> To get my fifth and 6th gr's attention, I walk to
> the front of the room, sit on
> my stool, and say, in a normal to soft voice, "
> I;ll know when your ready to
> begin". and then I start looking around to see who

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Jdecker@woh.rr.com