community photo archive & thank yous :))

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 05:36:15 PDT

Hello all...surfing here with my java this morning in between laundry and dishes and found this wonderful site..some of you prolly already have it..but i am amazed! It's a community archive of photos with a search option in it...
http://gimp-savvy.com/PHOTO-ARCHIVE/
of course..mind is whirling here now...there are photos that have not been archived yet,so of course now i am thinking of putting my kidlets to work coming up with keywords for these images as a language arts extension and as a science classification exercise too...then...will print out the photos they each come up with keywords for and have them do an altered altoid tin using the photos and words cut out of magazines.or! have them find photos here that relate to a theme..then have them use the pictures as a visual kind of webbing to get their stories started...perhaps even find some to use for a japanning of altoid tins or film canisters when we are done reading the book The Big Wave by Pearl Buck.
I just wanted to take a moment too to thank Judy and Carol and Pam and Sue and Lawrence and Rick and Michel and heck..everyone here! So many fantastic ideas flow through here..i am so very thankful i joined this list :)))
wishing all here a peaceful and playful day!
~Samantha

---