Kiln Recommendations

---------

From: Cathy K (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 02:25:43 PDT

Aloha All,
Can anyone tell me how much it costs to purchase a kiln? What type would
you recommend for a small art class? Or for personal use?

I am seriously considering writing a grant for the purchase of kiln and need
to know expert advice as to what is available, preferred, and works best for
small class sizes. I have about 10 to 20 students per grade level from 5th
thru 8th, a total of 62 students. I saw a very small compact 120Volt kiln
at the ceramic shop that I picked up my clay from for $500. I don't
remember the name of the brand but it was rather cute. The manager told me
that it was made for classrooms and apartments. It would only hold small
pieces nothing large which is about where I am in my ceramic lessons with
the studens. I don't envision doing larger pieces but that might change if
the Admnistration gives me more $$$. :-) Don't we all need that.

Mahalo,
Cathy
Honolulu, HI

http://msnmessenger-download.com