Jane--Re: Attention getters and discipline ideas

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 20:31:19 PDT

Jane Altshuler wrote:
> I read them a book while they work. They can't wait to hear it and shhh
> the others when they talk.

I'm definitely on the lookout for something to keep talkative 5th and
6th graders quiet, but what do you do when someone needs help? Doesn't
that break up the narrative too much when you have to stop reading to
help her? My 6th grade class had one very "high maintenance" girl
(another teacher's term for her) who CONSTANTLY needed help, feedback,
reasurrance, and just plain attention.

Maggie

---