Re: Peter Van Huys

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 20:30:42 PDT

Has your friend read the Flander's Panel? From the reviews I have read,this was not an artist who actually existed,but one who was a kind of composite of several Flemish/Dutch painters? I searched too and could not find anything on the painting or on that particular artist...closest i could find was a reference on Pieter Huys...
I did however find this intriguing site along the way tho :)
Let me know what you find please
~Samantha

--- <Renee.Berg@k12.sd.us> wrote:
A friend just called and is looking for a painting called The Game Of Chess by Peter Van Huys. I can't seem to find it for him. Any clues??? I found the artist but the sites are in Dutch. Isn't he an old Dutch artist?

Bergie