Re: One day project list....

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 14:35:50 PDT

In a pinch,( I was in the same boat, thought they hadn't made their clay
leaves, but of course, this is the class who HAD!! No time to go to the desk
and even look at what I had written.) the other day, I grabbed a book that I
had, ( Chasing Shadows?). It is about shadows that look like monsters, but
when you turn the page, it is really just something normal, like grandma
putting up laundry. The pages have transparent windows that allow this visual
game to work,. Anyway, we took two pieces of paper, one black and one white
-both 6x9, and then drew an irregular shape on it- ( we reviewed this) ( many
suspiciously turned out like dogs....) Students had to cut out both shapes-
then color the white one so that it became a person doing something, an
animal, building, etc. and then they glued the shadow of it on one side of a
9x12 colored construction paper, and the drawing on the other side in the same
place on the paper. Then they would ask me, " What do you think this is?"
showing me the shadow side, and I always said a monster, and then they would
giggle and turn the paper, and show me their drawing of a house, animal,
person, etc. They thought this was so neat.
Some of the best lessons come from 'out of the blue'.

lindwood@webtv.net wrote:

> Ok...I admit it. I doth s_ck at one day projects for lower school or
> any age.

---