RE: On Double Posts

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 14:26:48 PDT

Two things that list members should double (no pun intended) check on, though:

1) I also subscribe to the Yahoo list (ArtsEducators) as do a number of others.
If someone posts to both lists, those of us who belong to both lists will
receive two identical posts (only the headers are different).

2) If people are using a mail program, such as Outlook or Outlook Express, to
download their mail, they need to make sure that they have set their options to
delete their mail at their servers mailbox. For example, my mail comes through
Mindspring (Earthlink) which is in a "mailbox" on their mainframe. When Outlook
downloads my mail, it downloads copies and then tells the mainframe to delete
the emails in my mailbox. If this isn't being done, then the same emails can be
downloaded more than once because the originals aren't being deleted.

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

---