Illumination - Mandala Lesson plan on IAD- ceramics/colored pencils

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 14:02:09 PDT

Dear Friends in Art Education,

I have linked up Kara's Illuminated Clay Relief
Plaques and Personal Mandala Lessons (adapt the
Illumination lesson for the Mandalas for now - I'll
tweak her plan myslef sometime and add it to the
Mandalas - but I am still waiting for some difinitive
answers on how to go about teaching them --smile
Michal if you are reading).
Illumination - Clay Relief and colored pencil drawings
(same idea in two media):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/kara-man.htm#Kara
Also see Mandalas (use same lesson plan - but change
focus and resources):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/kara-man.htm
These are linked from Middle School Lesson Plans - but
high school teachers have also shown interest as well
as elementary.

All new lesson plans are now added to the top of the
lesson plan pages to make them easier for you to find.

Enjoy!

Judith Decker

To Mark Alexander (if you are reading)
> So I just don't think clay whistles and me were
> meant to be.
Mark - I wasn't born to whistle, either...I couldn't
get mine to work right easily -- so I knew better than
to try it with my middlers. Glad you had success with
the rattles. Care to share an image or two?

=====
Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Jdecker@woh.rr.com