Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: clay whistles - thanks for the help

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 10:19:38 PDT

Thanks all of you who sent so many tips on making clay whistles a few weeks ago with my fifth grades. We worked hard on them for a few class sessions, and I'm proud to announce that we even got a couple (2) of them to actually whistle! Certainly not a very high success rate, but I think the important lesson here was to keep trying. In the end we made a lot of wonderful fetishes (with extra holes that look suspiciously like whistle holes). Then we made clay rattles, and we had a 100% success rate with those. So I just don't think clay whistles and me were meant to be. Kind of like origami and me. Thanks for all your help.
Peace, Mark

Do you Yahoo!?