RE: One day project list....

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 21:41:42 PDT

Good topic! Here's a few I've done:

Blow Paint Bugs- Fluorescent paint blown on to paper in blobs. Black Sharpie
details added to the bodies.

Peace Doves- Look at Picasso's doves. Draw a dove using black marker on white
paper. Add some lines radiating out from the dove. Fill in each area with
pattern, leaving the dove white.

DRAW!- I write a sentence a the bottom of their paper & they illustrate it-
black Sharpies and then colored pencil. Ex: My Messy Bedroom, Help! I'm Caught
In A Video Game!, Princess Peony and Her Pet Frog Herman, Inside My stomach
After Lunch, etc. (I have a huge list I made up) Kinda like the Anti-Coloring
Books.

Mistake Paintings- Read the book "A Big Mistake" by Lenore Rinder about a girl
who turns a blob of paint into a picture of a circus. They make a mistake on
their paper, then trade with a neighbor, who must turn the mistake into
something.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From lindwood@webtv.net =====
>I propose a list of good ideas for one day projects. You know the
>kind...when you have NOT been able to get to the prep/set up for your
>big new project that you really thought you could handle that morning,
>but 10,000 other things came up. Or when one group gets way ahead and
>needs to mark time a bit before you get to a new lesson for the whole
>grade.

---