Re: Legal class size in Texas

---------

From: Pam Smith (thinkart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 08:33:30 PDT

I know it is different, if they even have a limit, in each state. Here in
Hawaii we have a limit, but it is calculated by taking all the students and
dividing that number by all the licensed teachers. That includes SpEd
teachers with small classes, the registrar with no classes, even the admin.
So our "limit" can be really big. I think it is 24 or 26 and some of our
teachers have had close to forty kids in a class. I only have 29-30 in my
Art classes. :(
Pam

Received from Susan Holland, 10/9/03 1:06 AM

> I can't tell you where to look, but I can only say I don't think there is a
> limit-- unless it's a fire code limit !! I've got 33 kinders in a class, and
> if that's legal, I bet the sky is the limit at secondary.

---