RE: Mexican Folk Art Web Sites -on IAD (Michal-Lauren-All)

---------

From: Robin Singer (RSinger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 08:33:58 PDT

great, those forms have to be in soon.

-----Original Message-----
From: lindwood@webtv.net [mailto:lindwood@webtv.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 6:52 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: RE: Mexican Folk Art Web Sites -on IAD (Michal-Lauren-All)

Thank you, Tammy! Please try to keep them as affordable as the other
boxes are! Also, the boxes that provide the legs are your long basswood
pieces, I believe. In assorted lengths. It would be nice if they
weren't QUITE so assorted. Like maybe there could be a 2", 5", 8", 10",
12" assortment. I had to match everything up in groups of 4 as close as
I could match them and then I took them to our shop to whack off the
ends to make them even It took me forever. Next year, I'll just buy
some sort of long molding to cut into legs myself if there is no change
possible there. When you set out a box like this for kids, they
naturally want legs that match in height. I could not imagine them ever
beng able to sort them out in sets interms of a group of 60. You won't
believe how cute these are! I saw this idea done at River Oaks Baptist
School in Houston last spring and could not wait to do it. I added some
extra materials...that twisted rope rafia that is about the diameter of
a pencil...lots of colors. You unwrap it and it makes great tails,
manes, etc. I let them use some feathers, beads, pipe cleaners, pickup
sticks in colors, bamboo skewers, fat colored popsicle sticks, and we
made stamps for pattern. We used Sax Ultra Plus Tempera, which ROCKS
the house on color and opacity. Looks just like acrylic and paints like
a dream. Having trouble getting some of the colors out of clothes,
though.

Linda Woods,
Visit our Students' Art Gallery at St. John's School: www.sjs.org,
click on Fine Arts, Click on Lower and 6th Grade Art Gallery.