Re: kiln firing question

---------

From: Sarah Sparkman Boyd (ssboyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 07:06:49 PDT

What you are talking about is "force-drying" the clay which is not the best,
but is possible if under a deadline. Force-drying is more prone to
breakage, depending on how wet the clay is. The question is if the clay is
covered with glaze and what kind if ventilation system you have (preferably
vented to the exterior of the building).