RE: Michal's question on teaching Mandalas

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 07:02:57 PDT

hmmmm - might be something to get for our school. A parent had arranged a
visit from a group of Tibetan Monks - they were supposed to come last week.
But a parent threatened a lawsuit if the school didn't cancel ("we are
Christians and there is only one Jesus and one way to Heaven") - anyone else
have this experience? They moved it to after school, and had a large turn
out -

Next we won't be able to celebrate Arbor Day (we are a Tree City USA mind
you - can't even dig a trench deeper than 4" without the city engineer's
okay) - because it will be seen as a Druid celebration -

Ellen

> I was looking at my Teaching Tolerance magazine and had not paid attention
> to the front cover and this month it is a Mandela. The teaching Tolerance
> magazine is free through the Southern Poverty Institute and they also have
> a 2,000 grant which I received for doing a Tolerance Mural I encourage all
> to look it up and its free

---