Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Kathy - Michal's question on teaching Mandalas

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 06:16:08 PDT

Thanks Kathy for posting the magazine. I looked on the
site and couldn't find anything on do's and don'ts for
teaching about Tibetan mandalas and Tibetan culture.
Would you do me a favor and leaf through the magazine
you have to see if they have a brief article on the
subject? If you don't have time -I'll write the them
and ask if they have any information that would be
helpful. I know many shy away from doing mandalas
because of the religious connotation (we did have this
discussed on the list quite some time ago).

Thanks in advance for your help. I would like to find
the "right" answers to Michal's question. I am gald
she brought it up.

--- Kathy Houston <> wrote:

> I was looking at my Teaching Tolerance magazine and
> had not paid attention to the front cover and this
month it is a Mandala.

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department