Re: kiln firing question

---------

From: Jon Hartman (Jon.Hartman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 06:36:42 PDT

There is nothing wrong about doing this. Is I have to get pieces dry I
will set them on the top of a kiln that is being fired. I have also
done what your new teacher is doing. You just have to make sure that
the students don't get close to it.

Jonathan Hartman
Dassel-Cokato High School
Art Teacher
(320) 286-4100 ext.1832

>>> meredith_steele@caryacademy.org 10/08/03 11:18AM >>>
Hi! I'm a painter and have a question about firing the kiln...

One of our new art teachers is firing the kiln "early" (the clay is
still wet) with the lid OPEN (held up with a small block).

Isn't this toxic/unhealty/dangerous?

Thanks for any help!

Meredith

---