Re: Integrating art museums into HS curriculum

---------

From: L TKR (artinmind_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 06:19:49 PDT

I have great lesson that you can use from elementary to high school when you
go to the museum.
We talk about the lesson the day before we go. The day we leave each
student receives an instruction sheet and three pieces of illustration board
that are the size of 3X5 cards that they can fit in their pockets. They are
to pick one painting in the museum. Then on one of the cards they are to
reproduce the artwork (We use a regular pencil) on another card they are to
draw what was happening before the painting was painted and on the other,
what happened after the painting was created. It is a wonderful lesson that
deals with the narrative of a work of art. You can extend and change this
lesson in many ways.
Lynn

> > Hello out there. I am writing a project for my art ed class about using
>art museums as a tool for instruction in the high school art classroom. I
>would like to hear from those of you who have both successfully and
>unsuccessfully done so. If you can e-mail me personally, It will help cut
>down on the 'noise' of the listserve. Thank you for your help!
> > Sarah Grow
> > Northern AZ U
> > Art Ed Major

Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail
Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

---