Re: humor in music and visual art :)

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 17:37:02 PDT

That's funny! I think my favorite one that I have on my bulletine board at school is also by Jim Larson, but before he drew Far Side. It's a "Life in Hell", and the teacher is standing at the front of the room telling her art class "Paint what you feel". There is a flower in a pot and 20+ students are all painting an exact replica of this flower, except the kid in the back who is painting himself stomping on that flower. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  One of my favorite Far Side cartoons is hanging in my office....Bob Ross look alike is on the TV talking about painting "happy trees" and the person at home is lying on the floor, at home in front of their easel...having been killed by a "happy tree" that smashed through their house. Morbid but funny!

---