Petroglyph Lesson Plan on IAD - or Samatha "Rocks"

---------

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 15:13:36 PDT

Dear Friends in Art Education,

I have had the pleasure today of putting the first
lesson plan from Samantha Wilmoth on Incredible Art
Department. No, Samantha did not provide all of those
resources or all of the lesson ideas - that is my
"gift" to all of you. See Samantha's lesson - Rockin'
Chalk at:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/Samantha-rock.htm

Her lesson is linked from elementary lesson plans on
IAD -- BUT there are MANY ideas listed for middle
school -- and even some for high school (see bottom of
lesson). Incredible Art Department will put a "Student
Gallery" of rock art on this lesson plan.

Thanks Samantha - this is a lesson topic I have wanted
to add. Integrates - social studies - science - art.
If any one has lesson ideas to add - let me know I
will add them to the list.

More great lessons from Samantha to come! I would love
be a student in her classroom. Interdisciplinary
connections are just a natural for her.

Enjoy!

Judith

=====