silkscreening

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 11:14:24 PDT

We use the photo emulsion and expose our drawings onto the screen, then wash the screen with water to make the stencil. We use a photo light in the art supplies closet, and that works fine. We also don't use 'silk' but less expensive polyester, so that when the student is done with the screen and all of their prints, we just destroy the screen as compared to cleaning it out. We also use paper stencils, contact paper stencils, and masking tape stencils.

San D

---