RE:Which culture for masks? (was Lee Krasner - Line and Shape)

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 04:57:53 PDT

Krista, take your cues from the 5th grade classroom. What 'theme' are they studying? Or, find out what book they are reading in language arts. Or, ask which culture they are studying in social studies. When you tie it to a subject they are learning about elsewhere, there is often an opportunity to go in depth 'cause the classroom teacher has already covered some of the cultural basics.
It's also cool for the students to discover the connections which are invariably there - between art and culture!
jan