Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Great ideas for High School Ceramics

From: Judy Decker (judydeckeriad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 20:45:47 PDT

Dear High school sculpture and ceramics teachers,

(middle school will be inspired too - can step the
projects down a bit for them).

Leila Galbraith from Australia has just joined out
list...Check out her terra cotta scultpures. Lots of
ideas for your students. I am sure she will be willing
to answer your questions on "how to" do with students.
If any one you do a sculpture project inspired by her
work - do let the list know. I would like to put the
lesson on Incredible Art Department along with a
picture of your student work - and link to Leila's

My Photo Album---

My high school students would have liked her work (I
did work similar to this -- not as good naturally --
with kids).

I looked at every photo album - the in progress works
were interesting to see as well. You will love the
dragon/gargoyle/fantasy creatures - as well as busts
-animal heads - owls and more. Linda Woods if you are
reading - did you see the mermaids? I'll have to put a
link to those from your image.

Here is Leila's email address

IAD needs some good high school sculpture lessons.

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources