RE: Clay Relief Plaques -Egyptian Eyes photos

---------

From: LeAnn Escoffre (lescoffre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 16:27:04 PDT

You baked the beads? What kind? I want to do something like this with my
7th graders who are studying Egyptian art. Isin't the eye thing like the
eye of Horaus? I need to brush up. I went through some stuff this
weekend but there is never enough time anymore. Anyway the clay is
basically rolled out into coils and for the white part of the eye there
is no clay? Then adorn with beads? That just blows my mind with the bead
thing. I have big fat beads and fear the smell of melting plastic.
Anyway thanks for sharing such a cool lesson. The images are visually
stunning. Just lovely..

Le Ann Escoffre