Re: need help- art with lines/geometric shapes

---------

From: Samantha Wilmoth (phoenixfire_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 13:37:46 PDT

i went to a workshop once where a book was read..something like Sally's Line or something? the girl in the story had a simple zig zag line then drew all kinds of things using that one line as a starting point...sooooo cannot remember the title,but would be a perfect book for my classroom,too. Anyone remember the book pretty please??
~Samantha

--- Smjahnle@aol.com wrote:
Hi Ellen! I recently used Kandinsky and Miro with 1st and 2nd graders. We
used their work as a springboard when discussing line variety -- straight,
wavy, zigzag, thick, thin, etc. The children then drew the lines to create their
own compositions. Sandy J.