RE: need help- art with lines/geometric shapes

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 11:33:36 PDT

Joan Miro has great shapes and lines, especially in "The Poetess". I have the
younger kids practice types of lines & use their imaginations to create
imaginary worlds using cray-pas and lick & stick stickers:
http://www.usc.edu/schools/annenberg/asc/projects/comm544/library/images/338.html

Henri Matisse's "Nuit De Noel" and "The Snail" have nice shapes. I've done a
construction paper collage based on them:
http://www.wallsofcolor.com/Content/htm/M809.htm
http://artchive.floridaimaging.com/m/matisse/snail.jpg

Keith Haring is always a good one to use with line. I've done white on black
drawings, as he did in the NY subways:
http://www.haring.com/master_allover.htm

Frank Stella is a favorite of mine. We've done assemblages made from cardboard
shapes painted & hot glued back together:
http://www.artnet.com/ag/fineartdetail.asp?aid=16079&wid=145664&page=6&group=&max_tn_page=

Hope this helps!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From emb15@cwru.edu =====
>Hello!
>I am writing some basic lesson plans on line and geometric shapes for 1st and
2nd grade. I want to be able to show examples of work by artists who have used
these elements in an obvious way in their work. The only one that comes
quickly to mind is Mondrian for line. Does anyone have any suggestions? Much
appreciated if you do.
>-Ellen

---